2019 San Simeon Sauvignon Blanc, Paso Robles
During 2019, the weather was ideal with a long growing season that provided great “hang time” for the grapes. Anthony Riboli and Arnaud Debons employ traditional techniques in their careful crafting of fine wines. Our Sauvignon Blanc is fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55° F for several weeks. This long, cold fermentation preserves the delicate flavors and aromas of this variety. Immediately after the fermentation, 10% was transferred to neutral French oak barrels in which the lees were stirred for several months to add texture and depth.
San Simeon Sauvignon Blanc is a bright, refreshing wine with intense flavors of citrus and pear. The nose reveals bright aromas of white peach and lime zest. Mineral notes express the rocky terroir of the vineyard. This structured and well-balanced wine shows a lengthy finish. Enjoy with grilled swordfish and basil pesto linguine.
- 93 Points – Gold Medal, Tasting.com
- Double Gold – WSWA Wine & Spirits Tasting Competition
- 91 points – Gold Medal – Monterey International Wine Competition
- 89 points – Wine Enthusiast
- 86 Points – California State Fair
- 90 Points – Gold Medal, Orange County Fair
- 93 Points – Tasting Panel Magazine